|Overview||App Requirements||Financial Aid||Academics||Campus Life|
- Brown University is an Ivy League university located in Providence, Rhode Island, which is 45 miles south of Boston. Map.
- Brown enrolls approximately 6,400 undergraduate students.
- Brown University’s has eliminated loans for students whose family incomes are less than $100,000, has reduced loans for all students who receive financial aid and no longer requires a parental contribution from most families with incomes of up to $60,000.
- Visit Brown University’s website at www.brown.edu.
- Request that Brown University stays in touch with you by signing up on their contact list.
- View Brown’s Class of 2015 Profile.
- Connect with the Brown faculty and students.
- 16% of students at Brown University come from families with annual incomes below $60,000.
- 13% of students at Brown University receive Federal Pell Grants, which typically go to students whose family incomes are below $40,000.
- 16% of students in the Class of 2015 are the first member of their family to attend a four-year college.
|Racial Diversity of Undergraduates|
2012 U.S.News Rankings
- 96% of the students are from outside the state of Rhode Island.
- 10% of the students are from outside the US.
- Learn about The Third World Center and multicultural student groups at Brown.
- City population: 171,557
- Enrollment: 5,774
- Freshman Class: 1,495
- 8.7% of applicants admitted
- 94% students in top 10% of HS class
- SAT V Middle 50%: 680-780
- SAT M Middle 50%: 690-790
- SAT W Middle 50%: 690-780