- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a co-ed research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, one mile from downtown Boston. Map.
- MIT enrolls approximately 4,300 undergraduate students.
- MIT’s campus has 168 acres stretching along the Charles River. (Most of the undergraduate dorms have great river views.)
- The percentage of MIT students receiving financial aid is high – 90% for undergraduates and approximately 86% for graduate and professional students.
- Visit MIT’s website at web.mit.edu
- Visit the MIT Admissions website.
- To receive more information from MIT, sign up for a free MyMIT account.
- View MIT’ freshman class profile.
- Connect with MIT student blogs.
- Read about and sign up for the overnight program or shadow a student program to visit MIT and hang out with a current student.
- 23% of students who applied for financial aid have family incomes below $60,000.
- 17% of students at MIT have family incomes below $45,000.
- 19% of students at MIT receive Federal Pell Grants, which mostly go to students whose family incomes are below $40,000.
- 16% of students are the first in their family to attend a four-year college.